The last 6 years running the island’s premier surf school in Chania-Crete region, we have witnessed first hand the increasing popularity of the local breaks with visiting surfers ,and that has been great. We are proud of our pivotal role in driving responsible, sustainable tourism to the area. But for us, the essence of surfing is about discovery and pushing boundaries and we are always looking to offer something new and exciting. The time had come to hit the road again !!!
Our tours are flexible to suit the conditions. We don’t follow a strict daily itinerary but we have built up a tried and tested formula for adapting to the weather, waves, time and tide to ensure you get the most from your adventure.
Crete has over 1000km of coastline full of beach breaks and reefs.Most of them have never surfed before and many of them are still undiscovered !!
Join us to discover them…
HOW TO BOOK :
Surfing is a sport that it is fully depended on the weather conditions, and our team wants to be sure that you are going to have the best conditions possible.
Thats why the surfaris will be announced, whenever we are expecting a good the wave forecast, and the final decision will be taken 5 days before the date they will take place.
Usually surfari lasts for two days but anyone can extend it up to four days on request.
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Medium Group
Our safari begins from the airport or the harbor where we come and pick you up.We will take you to the hotel to unpack your things and we will start searching for the best spot to surf.
Usually we need 1-1.30 hour drive to get to the beach.We can surf untill late at the afternoon or earlier if someone gets tired ! During the day we can have a lunch break or we can go directly for dinner after our session.Our program is really flexible and we can adjust it according to what the group wants.
The surf spots in Crete are many so we will pick the ones that are uncrowded and fits better to the level of the group.
Our goal is to make sure that you will have fun and enjoy surfing in Crete !
Insurance : All participants must have their own personal travel health/accident insurance before the trip begins.This must include medical expenses ,air rescue and repatriation cost coverage.
Discoveringcrete.gr follows all the safety regulations on the trips and its not responsible for any accidents or unpleasant situations that directly or indirectly are related to the tour.
- We guarantee to source the best surfing conditions for you and your group on any given day, time. Our local guides have been brought up here and are passionate about their region. They will happily cover miles to deliver you to the best waves.
- Free transfer to the airport or harbor
- Accommodation for 1 night
- Snacks and refreshments
- Surfboard hire (Plus free wetsuit hire if required).
- 1 lesson every day
- Free daily transport to the best surf spots.
- Pre-session and after session stretching and recovery program
If you are the surfer that has just entered the amazing world of surfing , Crete is the place that will help you to evolve.Our guides will take you to the most friendly spots and help you do the next step.If you are a total beginner you can have some lessons and by the time you leave the island you will be ready to surf alone and next time join the intermediate tour !
We recommend that you :
- can swim well and have an average physical condition
You may be slightly nervous about surfing over rocks or reef however our guides will show you the spots along with the entry and exit points to push your boundaries. Crete has a large, diverse coastline that provides intermediate surfers with a playground of waves to explore. Please note there is no tuition on this package.
We recommend that you can:
- Paddle into most waves you attempt to catch
- Turn your board frontside and backside
- Understand various wave types, surf etiquette and possess a reasonable level of fitness.
- Our aim is to get you the ride of your life in the quietest spots.
If you are an experienced surfer who is happy and prepared to travel distances to find the best, uncrowded conditions; if you are comfortable riding reefs and point breaks then the advanced guiding package is for you. Feel free to check some of our fotos in our facebook page to get an idea of what we are talking about. There are also plenty more waves to be discovered.
We recommend that you:
- Duck-dive well
- Ride reefs, points and tubes
- Are prepared to travel and take advice from the guides on the day’s best conditions.
- Our aim is to put you in the best conditions with the lightest crowds at the right time.
Pick up : 08.30
Tour Duration: 1-3 days
Distance to Paddle: 10-15 km
Safari Experience: Beginner-Intermediate
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Minimum No.: 2 Persons